About the Company
Advanced Lighting Technologies, LLC (ADLT), starting in 1995, is a market-leading innovator and manufacturer of energy efficient lighting materials and finished products. The Company provides solutions to the growing global movement to decrease energy consumption.
Beginning with advancements in HID (High Intensity Discharge) technology and more recently with the development of LED (Light Emitting Diode) technology, ADLT is focused on highly efficient lighting. ADLT’s global reach extends to Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. The Company supplies materials to the lighting industries worldwide, sells its own brands in approximately 50 countries and maintains sales, marketing and production facilities around the world.
In addition to its innovation leadership and core focus on ‘green’ lighting products, ADLT holds a low-cost producer status of its Lighting Group to provide competitive pricing. The Company’s Materials Group produces unique metal halide specialty chemicals, ultra high temperature thin film coatings and precision glass optics to create leadership products for a wide range of energy efficient lighting systems.
The opportunities to replace old technology with high performing, state-of-the-art LED technology are key to our strategy of becoming a global leader in lighting. ADLT’s LED and HID lighting systems mesh with our worldwide presence to capitalize on these opportunities.
- Focused on highly efficient, energy saving lighting technologies
- Materials group owns a dominant share of world market in key materials for metal halide technology
- Lighting group supplies materials, components, systems, fixtures and controls with excellent technical and customer support
- Proprietary expertise
- 1944 Anderson Physics Laboratory founded in Champaign, IL (later to become APL Engineered Materials, Inc.)
- 1983 Venture Lighting founded in Cleveland area, OH
- 1995 (17) Operating units combined to form Advanced Lighting Technologies, Inc.
- 2001 ADLT enters Telecom and thin-film technology
- 2007 Auer Lighting Acquisition
- 2017 Merger with Advanced Lighting Technologies, LLC